Subject: Re: GLOW and FIELD RENDERING QUESTION
From: Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
To: John Crookshank <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 1995 11:22:42 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry for the p.s. but a re-read revealed the following in your note:

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995, John Crookshank wrote:

> If your stobe unit has a sensor on it, covering the sensor will cause 
> the strobe to output for longer period, since it will assume you are 
> shooting in near darkness.

As you no doubt realize, this is not quite right....the flash will assume 
you are at MAXIMUM distance when the sensor is covered (as it is not 
'seeing' any reflected light), and give you a full blast from the strobe. 

Of course you can accomplish the same thing by toggling the 'manual' 
swicth, which often merely is a slide to cover the sensor.  

At max distance, the duration is usually around 1/2000, as you stated, 
becoming much shorter at near distances (as I stated).

Hmmm. I need a coffee after all that mental exertion. Thanks for the 
exercise :)

	Steve Bowie [email-masked] 
	North York, Ontario, Canada
	(Somewhat Optimistic Company Name Removed out of 
	 Modesty and Respect - for Now! :-)

--
Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]